Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zucchini Cakes


I’m baaack!
I hope you have not been starving without my cooking goodness.
I'm here and ready to share some of my new recipes that I've been trying out. Which brought me to one of summer's popular vegetable...Some of you are probably wondering what to do with the zucchini your summer garden has given you, or you’re wondering what to do with that low priced zucchini at your local grocery. Well fret no more my friends I'm here to add one more very easy option to your recipe box.
Side note: This is an original “Wespie” (Wes’ recipe), Wes is my neighbor that makes amazing food, and introduced me to these delicious zucchini cakes last summer, so we’ll dedicate today’s blog to my wonderful neighbor that has great taste in food!
Ingredients 
2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons peanut oil (for frying) not pictured
Mix everything together in a bowl
Heat oil and make small patties, lay on the hot skillet for 5 minutes on 
each side or until golden brown
Next time I may try to bake these instead, the frying part did not feel as overwhelming, probably because it was very little oil used.
These would be great for Chanukah too if you are not in the mood for just potato latkes.
































No comments:

Post a Comment