Sunday, July 8, 2012

Slaw with Cucumber Dill Dressing


When I think summer time, I think fresh vegetables, grilling out and an American staple: Coleslaw. I had never tried my luck at slaw but this recipe made me want to get the grater out and go for it. Once again, this is a Wespie, Wes the neighbor has a bountiful of delicious recipes to share, which of course are all adored by me!
This is not just like any other slaw you’ve had, the dill dressing makes it very refreshing and it also goes with just about anything you’re serving with your summer meals. Another plus was how quickly this recipe was ready, the grating was probably the most work you’ll do, and well you can make that easy on yourself and just buy the stuff that’s in a bag and ready to mix.
Ingredients
1/2 head shredded cabbage
1/2 medium sized cucumber, peeled and grated
4 oz low fat cream cheese (softened)
3-4 oz buttermilk* (add until consistency of thick slaw dressing)
1 tablespoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
* I made one small change, instead of buttermilk I used Greek yogurt
 Here is my hard work on the grating
Stir together: Cream cheese, 3 oz buttermilk*, dill weed, salt and pepper.  Add additional 1 oz or more buttermilk* until the desired consistency of your dressing.
Toss with shredded cabbage, chill, serve and enjoy!
PS: I made this the same day of the Zucchini Cakes and it went really well together.



No comments:

Post a Comment